The Orchard Medical Practice
We are a General Medical Practice with four part-time Partners, and two part-time Salaried GP’s (two female and four male) serving the population of Broughton Astley and the surrounding villages. We have two purpose built surgeries for the benefit of patients. The Broughton Astley Surgery was built in 1985 and substantially extended in 1994. The Ullesthorpe Surgery was built in 1991. Both Surgeries provide disabled access
Get Well, Keep Well
Of course we’re not just here for when you are unwell. Our team of Healthcare Professionals and Administrative Staff offer a number of Clinics and Services to promote good health and wellbeing whatever your needs.
COVID-19 IMPORTANT INFORMATION
WITH EFFECT FROM MONDAY 16TH MARCH 2020 THE ORCHARD MEDICAL PRACTICE ARE SUSPENDING THE BOOKING OF ROUTINE FACE-TO-FACE CONSULTATIONS WITH A GP OR ADVANCED NURSE PRACTITIONER. HOWEVER, PATIENTS WILL BE OFFER A TELEPHONE CONSULTATION. FOLLOWING A TELEPHONE CONSULATION IF A FACE-TO-FACE CONSULTATION IS REQUIRED PATIENTS WILL BE OFFER A CONVENIENT APPOINTMENT.
Key Message for Patients
- if you have symptoms of coronavirus infection (COVID-19), however mild, stay at home and do not leave your house for 7 days from when your symptoms started.
- this action will help protect others in the community whilst you are infectious
- plan ahead and ask others for help to ensure that you can successfully stay at home
- ask your employer, friends and family to help you to get the things that you need to stay at home
- stay at least 2 metres (about 3 steps) away from other people in your home whenever possible
- sleep alone, if that is possible
- wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, each time using soap and water
- stay away from vulnerable individuals such as the elderly and those with underlying health conditions as much as possible
- you do not need to call NHS111 to go into self-isolation. If you symptoms worsen during home isolation or are no better after 7 days contact NHS 111 on-line. If you have no internet access, you should call NHS 111. For a medical emergency dial 999.
COLLECTION OF PRESCRIPTIONS
Patients are requested not to enter the Surgery to collect their prescriptions. All prescriptions must be collected from the reception window which is situated at the rear of the building via the Practice car park. There is a sign on the window stating where to collect.
CORONAVIRUS INFECTION (CLICK ON LINK FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
CQC Inspection Report
(Site updated 23/03/2020)